Journal of Intelligence Research and Studies-İÇAD follows the successive steps during the evaluation process.
1. Studies submitted to the Journal of Intelligence Research and Studies-İÇAD are first reviewed by the Editor. Articles that fail this initial review will be rejected.
2. At this stage; the article is rejected by the Editor when;
- the article is out of the aims & scope of the journal,
- contrary to the publication ethics and publication policies of the journal,
- it does not comply with the journal writing rules,
- it is not sufficient to be submitted to the journal,
- plagiarism is detected in the article. If the similarity rate of the article is %10 and above (without references) it will be rejected by the editor.
3. The pre-control and referee assignment period for the articles is 10 days on average. The editor reviews all articles submitted to the journal using a licensed plagiarism program.
4. For the articles that pass the editorial evaluation, a review is initiated by the Journal Publication Coordinator. In this review, it is determined whether the article complies with the journal writing rules, whether the work has been published elsewhere before, and whether the article is sufficient to be sent to the referee.
5. After the evaluation of the Journal Publication Coordinator, the articles are submitted to the Referee Evaluation. This journal uses double-blind review, which means that both the reviewer and author identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process. In this stage there is a 7-day invitation and a 15-day evaluation period. The article is sent to at least two referees who are experts in the subject. While determining the referees, the opinions of all the Editors and the Editorial Board are sought. In case the incoming reports contradict or are not found sufficient, the opinion of the third referee is sought. Studies that are not found suitable for publication by two referees are rejected.
6. If there are some corrections sent by the referees, the article is sent back to the author with these requests. These articles are rearranged by the author and resubmitted to the same referees. At this stage, studies that are not found sufficient by the referees are rejected. The correction period given to the authors is 15 days. Works that are not requested for corrections within this period will not be accepted. This period can be extended up to 10 days if the editor is consulted and approved by the editor.
7. The articles that pass the peer-review are sent to the Editorial Board for the final publication decision. Positive referee reports are not binding for the Editorial Board. The Editorial Board may also decide to reject the article. Studies approved for publication by the Editorial Board are sent to the Editor for final review, correction and publication. Articles written in English are subject to English Editor review at this stage.